每日翻译练习[二八]

You Are Romanian!

罗马尼亚人

 

You grew up on liver sandwiches…. and thought that was normal.

每天吃三明治长大。

You make your own noodles.

自己擀面条。

You had to share a room until you were 21.

21岁前还没有自己的房间。

Everything you eat is savored in garlic and onions.

每道菜不是放蒜就是放洋葱。

You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminum foil.

收集包装纸、纸盒还有铝皮。

You are standing next to the two largest suitcases at the airport.

出行都带几个大皮箱,即使是坐飞机。

You arrive one or two hours late to a party – and think it is normal.

参加聚会迟到也没什么大不了。

All your children have nick names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.

小孩都有一些乳名,但决不是大名的谐音。

You know someone with 20 kids

有些人拥有20多个孩子。

You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.

要走了还在人家门口喋喋不休个把小时。

You can fit 10 people into a Dacia.

一辆Dacia车能装十个人。

Your parents never throw anything away and if you by some chance manage to get something to make it to the garbage can… it mysteriously appears back where it was again.

从来不丢弃任何东西,就算你有时候仍了一些什么垃圾,你会奇怪的发现它们又被捡回来了。

You have lace curtains.

你有蕾丝的地毯。

You have lace tablecloths.

你有蕾丝的桌布。

You have rugs covering every inch of your house.

房子里每一英寸都被毯子覆盖着。

You have or had rugs on your walls.

墙上也挂毯子。

Your mom tells you that you are too skinny even though your 30 pounds overweight.

超重30磅,还要被妈妈责备太瘦弱。

Girls can not have boyfriends when they are 17 but they have to be married at 18.

女孩们17岁时不可以恋爱,但18岁就可以结婚了

You have curtains hanging across every doorway.

每个门口都挂着地毯。

Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think but they will not let you do certain things because of what other "frati" and "surori" will think.

父母让你坚持自我,不要理会人家的想法;可是你会发现它们总在被人家的想法左右。

You know someone that married his girlfriend of 2 months.

有人恋爱两个月就结婚了。

Your mom is a doctor and force feeds you medicine for anything ranging from a headache, stomach ache to a stubbed toe.

母亲是一名医生,各种头疼脑热的小病她都会灌你一大堆药。

Your house is full of Romanian medicine that is probably illegal here.

家里放满了不合法的土方药。

You and your friends have ever been kicked out of a restaurant or recreational park for being too loud or rowdy.

你的举止不雅,曾因大声喧哗、用语粗鲁而被赶出饭店和娱乐场所。

Your mom recycles plastic cups and paper plates, and sandwich bags by washing them.

你母亲回收塑料杯、纸盘子,甚至三明治袋子也可以洗洗再用。

You do not know how to use a dishwasher.

从来不会用洗碗机。

You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.

餐桌铺的是塑料桌布。

You use grocery bags to hold garbage.

用便利店的塑料袋作垃圾袋。

You keep leftover food in your fridge in as many numbers of bowls as possible.

冰箱里的大大小小的碗装的是剩饭剩菜。

Your kitchen shelf is full of jam jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils (Got free with some household items).

橱柜里面是各种各样的果酱罐,碗以及塑料容器。(有一些还是祖传的东西)

Going to the movies is a sin.

看电影是一种罪恶。

Your parents call you farm animals when you get them mad.

你要把父母惹恼了,会被骂得猪狗不如。

Getting married at 18 is normal.

18岁结婚很正常。

Getting married at 16 actually happens.

16岁结婚很常见。

Your mom washes your clothing at 40.

你老妈40岁了还在为你洗衣服。

A new tax being passed by the government is simply a cover up because the end of the world is really coming.

政府开征新税仅仅是一个掩饰,因为世界末日马上来临了。

Asking if you can get a discount at a discount store on clearance items is normal and not embarrassing for your parents.

你要是能在折扣店的买到折上折的清仓或,父母会很高兴的。

You do not use measuring cups when cooking.

做饭从不用量杯。

You feel like you have gotten a good deal if you did not pay tax.

要是没有付税,你会觉得赚了一笔。

You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to see you off or receive you whether you are traveling by bus, train or plane.

不管是做公车、火车还是飞机,总会有一大帮子人接送。

You only make long distance calls after 11 p.m.

旨在11点钟以后打长途电话。

If you do not live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you have eaten, even if it is midnight.

要是不在家住,父母很可能半夜里打来电话问你吃饭没有。

When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you are talking to a distant cousin.

你父母在和陌生人搭讪,而你却在和远房老表长聊。

Your parents do not realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs when making foreign calls.

你父母并不知道国际长途的通话质量已经有了长足进步,他们在打国际长途时仍然是声嘶力竭的喊话。

You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them away from getting dirty.

被单铺到了沙发上,为的是不把它弄脏。

It is "normal" if your wedding has 600 people.

办个婚礼请来六百号人,没什么大不了!

You do not know half the people at your wedding because your parents invited them.

婚礼上有一半的人都不认识,都是父母请来的。

You have seen the ground while inside the lavatory of a train.

在火车的厕所上能看到下面的铁轨在动。

You have mastered the art of bargaining in grocery shopping.

在商店里讨价还价是一门技术也是一门艺术。

You walk out of the grocery store with no less than two packed shopping carts weekly.

每周从大卖场里采购几大车的物资。

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s